Ask the right questions

Most doctors don’t even know, believe or understand that mold is or even could be the source of these problems. They don’t test for mold in your blood or urine, even though those tests are available. Blood serum testing is extremely expensive, however, the urine testing is much less costly. But most doctors don’t even know to do those tests. We have had numerous people tell us that they asked their doctor to test them for mold and they were told:  “There is no medical diagnosis for mold or mold exposure.”
Typically, doctors prescribe a round of antibiotics to treat the identified symptoms. Usually that approach has some effect, but then after a short while the person gets sick again. They go back to their doctor.
The problem is this:  Mold is a living organism that adapts to antibiotics.
So, when the patient’s symptoms return, the doctor prescribes another round of antibiotics that is stronger, and recommends that the person stay on them longer. Why? Because that’s what the medical profession is taught to do. They know the previous antibiotics were not totally effective, and they know those same antibiotics have less chance of being effective a second time. More and more rounds of different antibiotics are prescribed. And what happens?
The antibiotics depress the immune system, making it more and more difficult for your body to fight off this mold invader, and over time the problem gets worse and worse, adversely affecting more and more of the body. And the stronger the antibiotics, and the longer you have to be on them, the worse the side effects. Antibiotics make the problems associated with mold exposure worse, not better. Unfortunately, it isn’t always apparent to the people involved until their body has been so depleted that they think they will never be well again.