While molds themselves are not toxic, certain types of molds can produce toxins known as mycotoxins. These airborne mycotoxins can have negative health impacts, ranging from minor ailments such as allergies and fatigue to much more serious conditions like learning disabilities, cancer and heart problems. A damp or musty smell can be an indication of a mold problem, as can the appearance of dark spots, stains or patches on walls, ceilings or floors.

Molds that produce dangerous mycotoxins should be assessed professionally. The presence of this type of mold is very serious and usually requires the services of a professional to correct the situation.

Mold Removal Services

Mold remediation and decontamination service professionals are experienced in cleaning mold and preventing its recurrence. These businesses specialize in cleaning mold and removing the contamination within the building materials of the home. As with any service professional you hire to perform work on your home, it is best to hire a qualified contractor with experience.