Clients often ask us “what are the symptoms of mold exposure”? Below are some of the common symptoms:
- Respiratory problems; including difficulty breathing, wheezing, shortness of breath;
- Sinus and nasal congestion and irritation;
- Irritation of the eyes — watery, burning, red;
- Sore and/or dry throat;
- Skin rashes and irritations;
- Problems with sense of smell;
- Typical symptoms normally associated with a cold or allergies; and
- Memory problems, odd mood swings, nose bleeds, body aches and pains, and fevers are occasionally reported in mold cases.
Mold exposure can also exacerbate other illnesses and conditions, including asthma. These symptoms are often worse for the young, elderly, or people with compromised immune systems.
If you have any of these symptoms and you believe they may be related to mold, we recommend that you engage a mold inspection and testing professional to perform an analysis of your home and/or place of work. Mold remediation contractors that perform their own sample collection and inspection are not the same as a company that exclusively performs inspection.